Great day out to Newcastle with Ann Taylor and Rebecca Woods to present a taster of our York CPD work with teachers of English Language A level at the inaugural English: Shared Futures conference.
Four (count ’em, 4) Radio 4 in Four clips about intonation:
- why do people go up at the end of their sentences?
- what does your intonation say about you?
- how does Welsh differ in its use of intonation?
- to point out that this is Welsh English, of course, not Welsh…
- how does intonation differ across languages?
In which I attempt to explain what intonation does for a living in an episode of BBC Radio 4’s Word of Mouth, with Michael Rosen and Laura Wright, on the topic of “Intonation: The Music of Speaking”. Available as a podcast.